Conference & Camp Housing
University Housing provides overnight lodging for conference and camp participants each year. Groups have access to a variety of residence hall accommodations and other amenities.
PLEASE NOTE: SIU is hosting summer camp and conference stays this summer. The safety of our residents is of utmost importance. In response to COVID-19, SIU is following Restore Illinois Guidelines and appropriate COVID procedures.
- 24-hour duty response from graduate and professional staff
- Reception desks in high-rise buildings and University Hall
- Mail service (for long-term stays)
- Regular custodial and maintenance services, including emergency after-hours response
- Secure facilities with exterior doors that are locked 24/7 with keyless electronic access. Sleeping room access is with brass keys assigned to guests.
- 24-hour support from the SIU Department of Public Safety
- Management of check-in and check-out, including the distribution and collection of keys, by conference staff
- Wireless Internet and Ethernet service* (These services are provided free of charge to guests with an SIU login ID and password. Guests without these items may request them for an additional charge)
- Linen service*
- Meeting spaces*
- On-campus parking*
*Available for an additional charge
Please complete and submit a housing request by filling our Housing Request Form. Your request form can be submitted via email@example.com, fax at 618/453-5680 or mail to the following address:
Conference and Scheduling Services
1255 Lincoln Dr
Mail Code 6705
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Carbondale, IL 62901
You will be offered a formal contract after your request is processed. While there is ample camp space in the summer, requests during the academic year will be assigned space on a case-by-case basis.