Pathways to Saluki Medicine
June 5-10, 2022
Pathways to Saluki Medicine is a new summer camp hosted by the Physiology Department at SIU school of medicine. It is a 5-day overnight camp for any students interested in a career in the medical field or biomedical science. It is designed to expose students to medicine by interacting with professionals in different fields and learning more about biomedical sciences via hands-on activities.
What Participation will Include
- Hands-on experiences in anatomy, physiology, and clinical skills
- CPR and first aid training
- Introduction to Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
- Interactions with healthcare professionals, research scientists, SIU medicine faculty, and current SIU students
- Tours of SIU medicine teaching and research labs
- Soft skill building exercises
- Social activities such as trivia, bowling, movie nights, etc.
Expectations for Participants
- Participants should be students interested in medicine that will be going into the 9th or 10th grade
- Participants are expected to stay for the duration of the program. They will not be allowed to check-in late or leave early except in cases of emergency. Camp runs from 6 p.m. Sunday until 6 p.m. Friday
- All participants will stay in residential halls on campus with one roommate
- Students will be expected to attend all sessions and activities
- All meals will be provided for the student during their time on campus
Registration Fee: $350
This fee includes lodging, dining on campus, and all activities.
Some scholarships may be available based on merit and financial need.
The Camp Release Form is required for camp participation and must be received in our office prior to camp beginning.