2021 Architecture Camps
Campers come from around the country and the world to build friendships, and learn about buildings and design. Our award-winning architecture camps introduce young people to the design of the built environment.
All summer camps will follow IDPH Restore Illinois Camp Guidelines. This will include the recommended social distancing. All campers will have their own workspace and tools to work with for the week and masks are required while attending the camps.
- Kids Architecture Schedule
- Middle School Architecture Schedule
- High School Architecture Schedule
Architecture Brochure - available soon.
Dr. Jon Davey is starting his 40th year of design teaching. His focus is on young people’s ideas of what design is and their development of three-dimensional spatial skills.
- Buckminster Fuller Award- AIA Illinois
- Illinois Connections Award for Distinction- Illinois State Board of Education
- Award of Merit for Best in K-12 Architectural Education- American Architectural Foundation
- Citation of Honor- Illinois Council of AIA
- Presidential Award- AIA
- Regional Educational Award- Construction Specification Institute
Southern Illinois Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture; Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute; SIU School of Architecture; College of Applied Sciences and Arts. In cooperation with SIU Conference and Scheduling Services.
- Why do buildings stand up?
- Why do buildings look the way they do?
- How is a building designed, built and reused?
- What do architects and interior designers do?
- How and why do people define space?
- Construction materials
- Computers in design
- The design process
- The importance of the built environment
- Design drawing as a problem solving tool
- Explore historic architecture
- Travel to St. Louis or other architectural sites (not available for 2021)
- Learn about the history of architecture with slides, discussion and costumes
- Discuss how the built environment affects our behavior
- Engage in the design process; brainstorm and critique
- Sketch, render, and build models
- Check out computer graphics and computer aided design (CAD)
- Visit construction sites
- Try your hand at casting concrete
- Join in small scale construction project
- Register online
- Register by phone with a VISA, Discover, or Mastercard by calling Conference and Scheduling Services at 618/536-7751.
- Register by fax by faxing the registration form with credit card payment information to 618/453-5680.
Registration Deadline: Enrollment is first come, first served. In the past, these camps have filled up quickly, so advance registration is highly recommended. Payment must accompany registration.
Program Requirement: The Camp Medical Release Form must be received in our office at least 3 business days before the start of camp. Release Form coming soon!
Cancellation: A refund, minus a $15 cancellation fee, will be issued upon written request received 7 business days before the beginning of each camp. At any time after that date, refunds (less the $15 non-refundable fee) are made for medical reasons only and all such requests must have a signed statement from your physician.
Any Questions? Please call the Conference and Scheduling Services Office at 618/536-7751 or send an email to email@example.com