CANCELED FOR SUMMER 2020
Campers come from around the country and the world to build friendships, and learn about buildings and design. Our award-winning architecture camps introduce young people to the design of the built environment.
- Kids Architecture Schedule
- Middle School Architecture Schedule
- High School Architecture Schedule
Kid Architecture Brochure - available soon.
Middle/High School Architecture Brochure - available soon.
Dr. Jon Davey is starting his 38th year of design teaching. His focus is on young people’s ideas of what design is and their development of three-dimensional spatial skills.
- Buckminster Fuller Award- AIA Illinois
- Illinois Connections Award for Distinction- Illinois State Board of Education
- Award of Merit for Best in K-12 Architectural Education- American Architectural Foundation
- Citation of Honor- Illinois Council of AIA
- Presidential Award- AIA
- Regional Educational Award- Construction Specification Institute
Southern Illinois Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture; Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute; SIU School of Architecture; College of Applied Sciences and Arts. In cooperation with SIU Conference and Scheduling Services.
- Why do buildings stand up?
- Why do buildings look the way they do?
- How is a building designed, built and reused?
- What do architects and interior designers do?
- How and why do people define space?
- Construction materials
- Computers in design
- The design process
- The importance of the built environment
- Design drawing as a problem solving tool
- Explore historic architecture
- Travel to St. Louis or other architectural sites
- Learn about the history of architecture with slides, discussion and costumes
- Discuss how the built environment affects our behavior
- Engage in the design process; brainstorm and critique
- Sketch, render, and build models
- Check out computer graphics and computer aided design (CAD)
- Visit construction sites
- Try your hand at casting concrete
- Join in small scale construction project
- CANCELED Register online
- CANCELED Register by phone with a VISA, Discover, or Mastercard by calling Conference and Scheduling Services at 618/536-7751.
- CANCELED Register by fax by faxing the registration form with credit card payment information to 618/453-5680.
Registration Deadline: Enrollment is first come, first served. In the past, these camps have filled up quickly, so advance registration is highly recommended. Payment must accompany registration.
Program Requirement: The Camp Medical Release Form must be received in our office at least 3 business days before the start of camp.
Cancellation: A refund, minus a $15 cancellation fee, will be issued upon written request received 7 business days before the beginning of each camp. At any time after that date, refunds (less the $15 non-refundable fee) are made for medical reasons only and all such requests must have a signed statement from your physician.
Any Questions? Please call the Conference and Scheduling Services Office at 618/536-7751 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org