Learning in Retirement
Southern Illinois Learning In Retirement
Learning in Retirement is an educational community of older learners (50+) who wish to continue learning, expand their horizons and enhance their personal development. This community offers a unique opportunity in which peer learning, collaborative leadership and active member participation are fundamental. The curriculum is chosen, designed and often led by members.
- Membership is open to adults 50 and older living within commuting distance of Carbondale for a fee of $25 annually.
- Enrollment in SILR-Sponsored Courses
- Monthly General Meetings
- Monthly Newsletter
- Opportunities to serve on one or more of the various committees
- Special events and social activities
- General Meetings are held on the third Wednesday morning of each month, except July and December
- The General Meeting is open to all persons interested in educational adventures
- The meetings are held at the Dunn-Richmond Center, 150 E. Pleasant Hill Road, Carbondale, where there is readily available parking
- The building is handicapped accessible
Come join the fun!
Need more information?
- Please call Coordinator Jackie Welch at 618/453-5672 or send an email
- Write to Learning In Retirement
Conference and Scheduling Services
Mail Code 6705
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL 62901